Monday, November 18, 2013

Last Week’s “Favorite Things” Recap

I LOVE change! There is no quicker way for me to get bored than to do the same things, eat the same foods, or go to the same places consistently. Thank goodness that Derek is the “creature of habit” in our relationship because I can just be all over the place sometimes. :) I love to try new activities, go new places, and buy new products often. Don’t worry; I keep the budget in mind ALWAYS.

Some things I find through word-of-mouth recommendations, others I pick up on a whim impulse buy, and sometimes I just go the good old fashioned way by showing up and trying the food/activity/product for myself. DISCLAIMER: I was not paid or asked to review, comment, or suggest any of the items mentioned in this post. But, I wouldn’t mind a little perk in the future… *hint, hint* ;)

Like I said, I do not have the tendency to be a creature of habit, so my “favorites” that I will be sharing with you will change from week-to-week. For this week though, here are three recommendations for you to try based on my explorations from last week:


New eats:


If you love 1) Italian food, and 2) the idea of customizing your entire meal and not paying a fortune for it, then you will definitely want to check out Italio! I had been driving past this restaurant for the last several weeks and curiosity finally got the best of me. Derek and I went for our “date night” last Friday and we had an all-around great experience. The pasta was well-cooked, the ingredients were very fresh, and the environment was casual and inviting. You pretty much are given a HUGE bowl (great portion to cost ratio) and then start choosing all of the goodies you want thrown inside  of your dish- kind of like Chipotle, only better. Give it a try!

Italio
276 S. Orlando Ave.
Winter Park. FL. 32789 

New app:

(For iPhone/iPad*)

I love to practice yoga, but it can get a little pricey if you take classes at a studio regularly. It definitely is worth the investment though, especially if you are new to your practice, but I found an app that has let me enjoy the benefits of a well-structured class right in the comfort of my own living room. Sometimes I am a little hesitant to try workouts from an app because I question how much of a burn I will really get, but my new yoga app find proved me wrong! The Yoga Studio App is awesome! I got to download it from the Apple App Store for free thanks to one of those little perk cards that are in Starbucks- always check them out! The app has preloaded classes that you can use for your practice, or you can build your own by picking poses to create a sequence. There is a library too with all of the poses and explanations on how to get in them properly. The voice that narrates the classes is interestingly soothing, and the flow is simple enough to keep up with. The $2.99 that you will spend it pennies considering how many hours of yoga practice you can get out of the app. Let me know what you think!



Online shopping:


I am starting to value more the convenience of shopping online, especially when the malls and stores are getting cray at this time of year. I found the Modern Boutique site through a recommendation from someone at my church after I asked about the gorgeous statement necklace that she had on that Sunday. This site is extremely easy to navigate through and the limited amount of products featured (mainly statement piece necklaces) makes the shopping experience not be overwhelming. They have great deals often, and the piece I ordered as a gift came much sooner than I expected. You might be able to find a little something here for the fashion-forward person on your Christmas list!

 **Always be careful of the sites you visit when shopping online, and make sure that when you purchase something it is from a secure site too.  I did not have any problems with Modern Boutique. **



Try something new this week! Tell me about your favorites and I might just try them out too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment